Sunday, October 07, 2007

Cute little kid story

Witnessed one of those super cute parent child exchanges that actually makes me want to procreate yesterday. Dad and daughter were walking Mom out to her car at the curb to say goodbye as she went on her way to... well, somewhere.

Dad: "Say bye to Mommy, sweetie!"

Girl: "Bye bye, Mommy!"

Mom: "Bye bye, sweetie!"

Girl: "Bye, Mommy!"

Mom: (laughing) "Bye, sweetie, I'll see you soon."

Girl: "Bye bye, Mommy!"

Mom: (closing the car door): "Okay, sweetie, bye-bye!"

It was all incredibly cute and happy. The mom drove away and the little girl continued saying bye, louder and louder - till she was literally screaming at the top of her lungs, "BYE BYE MOMMY! MOMMY! BYE BYE!" and Dad says "Okay, honey, there's no point in screaming -- Mommy can't even hear you anymore."

The girl looks astonished. "She can't?" Long pause. "Why not?"

So cute. I'm sure tomorrow some kid will have a temper tantrum in front of me in line at a store, and I'll change my tune, but I'm liking kids today.

No comments: