Friday, October 24, 2008

Reading Break

I had forgotten about Reading Break... amazing. A week to myself to unwind, hang out with old friends, look for a car and a part time job, and oh yeah, study. So far so good. Except I haven't done much of anything but man, do I need this break.

In other news, I am licensed to drive! Trying to convince Momsy to sell me her wheels on the cheap, which would be amazing.

Trying to find a part time job that doesn't involve me going back to working retail. Because, ugh, I don't think I can do it. Looking for part-time reception or administrative work, because it pays a little more and I won't have to deal with the raging public at Christmas time...as much. Really wish I didn't have to work, because with school, studying, my one day a week at the dog school, volunteering with Toronto Cat Rescue, and uh, my own life, it's hard to fit it all in. But I needs the cashola.

Doing a charity walk tomorrow for Gulu, a small village in Uganda that has been affected by a 20 year war waged by the LRA. I'm really excited about it, although I hear it's supposed to rain. Walking 11km in the rain could be a little bit unpleasant, but I'm sure I'll make the best of it.

Back to skool on Monday!

No comments: