Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Holy crap, I'm employed!

I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE FRIGGIN JOB!

They called me yesterday and I saw the number pop up on my cell phone and was too nervous to answer. I waited till it stopped ringing and watched the little envelope appear - message waiting. Gulp. Then, I nervously dialed my voicemail, my stomach doing flip-flops the whole time.

"Hi Andria? It's E. at Blah Blah Blah Animal Hospital calling. I was hoping I'd catch you, because I'm calling to offer you the job..."

She said some more stuff after that, but I didn't hear anything else - because I was actually cheering out loud. Then I did a little victory dance in my apartment, and took Siris out for a little walk around the block to get my wits about me. And then I calmly phoned them back to, in my most professional and calm phone voice, accept their offer.

I started my new job today! The wheels are in motion. My new life awaits- so excited!

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Yay! Congratulations! That's so exciting! :)