Monday, March 21, 2005

Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul...

Christ, that song is following me around everywhere. Honestly, it's starting to get a bit disturbing. Has it been on every Toronto radio station at least once on the same day? Or do stores just have it on their store CD and loop it over and over and over? I swear, at the convenience store, at the LCBO, at Honest Ed's... and there always seems to be someone in front of me in line, singing it very quietly, under their breath, but like they really want to just BELT it out. Sigh. Dobie Gray apparently recorded it. I had to google that. I don't know who Dobie Gray is - that was probably his one big hit. Cool name, though. Too bad that's one of the most irritating songs known to man.

I did dinner at the parents last night, and surprisingly it didn't turn into dysfunctional family drama night. And I got to bring home date squares! The mutters came with me and got to run around the backyard at top speed like the lunatic she is. I took this photo of her - hopefully I can make it show up here - still learning the blogging ropes, dontcha know.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My parents are finally starting to tolerate her, and she behaved very nicely - until she puked in the car on the way home, poor girl.

I smoked a joint with a friend and watched Finding Nemo to cap off my evening. And I really liked that movie, actually, when I thought I'd really hate it. I haven't laughed that hard in a while - who knew?

No comments: