Sunday, February 08, 2009

Heart Shaped Dog Biscuits

We're doing a dog treat bake-sale at school, where the funds go to the animals, so this weekend I began my foray into homemade dog treat baking. These ones are to combat doggie-breath and have mint, parsley and activated charcoal in them to accomplish this. To my surprise, they actually came out okay. Siris got to eat the imperfect ones, and she loved em.


2 cups brown rice flour
1 tbsp activated charcoal
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped mint

Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Mix flour and charcoal. Add oil and egg. Mix. Add milk. Mix. Add mint and parsley. Mix. Drop onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Voila! Done! Store in sealed container in the fridge for maximum freshness!

I tried to roll my dough and use cookie cutters, which happened with only moderate success, but each batch is looking better. Happy early Valentines Day, doggies!

No comments: